Research Areas & Staff
Researcher: Aislinn Dwyer
About the group: The IIEA France Group is one of a number of geographical working groups within the Institute. This group analyses development of France's European policy and its implications for the European Union and for Ireland. Of particular interest to the group are elections and other political developments in France which impact the policies pursued at EU level, France’s relationship with Germany and other key partners, and France’s role in international organisations such as the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund and NATO.
- Claude France Arnould, Chief Executive of the European Defence Agency
- Pierre Morel, EU Special Representative for Central Asia
- Etienne de Durand, Director at the Institut Français des Relations Internationales (Ifri)
- Eric Fottorino, Journalist and former Editor of Le Monde
- Professor Dominique Moïsi, Senior Adviser at the Institut Français des Relations Internationales (Ifri) and Visiting Professor at Harvard University