WEBINAR: Global Britain in a Competitive Age: A Vision for the UK
Wednesday, 21 April | 10:00 am - 11:00 am
In March 2021, the UK published its Integrated Review of security, defence, development and foreign policy, entitled Global Britain in a Competitive Age, which presents a vision for the UK to 2030. In her address to the IIEA, Minister Morton will discuss the Review, and examine how the UK will work with its international partners, including Ireland, for a secure, prosperous and resilient future.
Please note the earlier-than-usual start time of this event.
About the speaker
Wendy Morton is the UK Minister for European Neighbourhood and the Americas at the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). She was first appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Department for International Development on 13 February 2020. She was first elected as Conservative MP for Aldridge-Brownhills in May 2015.Minister Morton was Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Ministry of Justice from 26 July 2019 to 13 February 2020 and Assistant Government Whip from 9 January 2018 to 26 July 2019.
Interested in attending the event?
To register please, follow this link and enter your details: https://iiea.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bUTfSTzLQe2tgXF1sSGB0A
Standard IIEA events are free for members to attend. Non-members will be asked to pay a fee, unless otherwise stated.
The following IIEA events are open to the public and free to attend:
- Global Europe series, supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Development Matters series, supported by Irish Aid
- Europe’s Digital Future series, supported by Google
- REthink Energy series, supported by ESB
- Environmental Resilience series, supported by the EPA
- Young Professionals Network (YPN) events, which are open to students and young professionals between the ages of 20-35