The Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA) is Ireland’s leading independent policy organisation for International and European affairs. The IIEA provides members with policy insights and analysis to help shape vital decisions about Ireland’s strategic direction and future.
The Institute is now seeking applications for the full-time position of Director General. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience at a senior level in either the public, private or voluntary sectors
- Ability to lead a membership organisation
- Excellent knowledge of International and European affairs
- A proven track record of significant results delivery
- Excellent staff engagement, communication, networking and influencing skills demonstrated at a senior level
- Experience in driving income growth and budget management
The Director General reports to the Board of the Institute and their duties will include:
- Devising and implementing Board approved strategy
- Overseeing the preparation, agreement and implementation of the annual IIEA Work Programme
- Management of day to day activities of the Institute
- Active engagement with the IIEA membership to ensure that we are meeting the expectations of our stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining links with the Irish political system, senior public servants, the diplomatic community and the corporate sector
- Developing new sources of income for the Institute
- Representing the IIEA in the media.
Please email a letter of application and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Applications in strictest confidence will be accepted up to 30 September, 2019.
The IIEA is an equal opportunities employer.