a) We fully abide by the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2003.
b) We will never share, sell or otherwise leverage your data unless you agree to it.
c) The information we collect is necessary for the smooth running of our website, and we will only ask for data that we need.
d) If you have any questions, requests etc just drop us a line and we will do our best to help.
2. The IIEA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
4. The IIEA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
5. We may collect the following information:
a) name and contact information including email address
b) demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
c) information about your purchases
d) other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
6. The IIEA collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other sites accessible from them. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
7. We may collect additional information in connection information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use, which enables us to improve the service we provide.
What we do with the information we gather
8. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
a) Internal record keeping.
b) We may use the information to improve our products and services
c) We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
d) We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Use of your information and your preferences
9. We will use your information to provide and personalise our service. We will also use your contact details to communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news about products and services. Once you have registered to use the IIEA, you will be provided with access to a page that will allow you to tailor our communications to your preferences.
10. Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
11. For e-mail notifications of out of stock titles we will only use your e-mail address for this purpose and not for additional marketing.
12. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
13. A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
15. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
16. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
17. Non-registered visitors of the site are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. In addition, any visitor who has clicked on an IIEA advertisement on another site that links to the IIEA will be sent a semi-persistent (e.g. two weeks lifetime) anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyse advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with affiliate sites.
18. While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Links to other websites
19. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
20. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
a) whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
b) if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at via our contact us page.
21. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our group of companies which we think you may find interesting.
22. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988 - 2003. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
The Institute of International and European Affairs
8 North Great Georges Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, or at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.