Managing Director of the Institute of International Finance, Washington DC, to speak at IIEA11 May 2012
The question of defaulting on holders of Irish government bonds has been much discussed in the media. This was also a major campaign issue in the last weekend’s general election in Greece. Earlier this year there was a "selective default" on Greek debt, with bondholders taking a significant haircut to their holdings. On Thursday, May 16, 2012, the Institute of International and European Affairs is hosting a major event with Charles Dallara, Managing Director of the Institute of International Finance, Washington DC, on The Greek Debt Exchange: Lessons for Europe and the Global Financial System.
Mr Dallara represented the global financial industry and private bondholders in the negotiations on Greece's second economic adjustment programme earlier this year. The private sector involvement in this second bailout, agreed by Dallara with the EU and IMF, involved the largest debt restructuring in world history. It affected €206 billion worth of bonds.
Charles Dallara has been Managing Director of the Institute of International Finance since 1993. In this position he has played a major role in numerous prominent international negotiations. Prior to joining the IIF, Mr Dallara was a Managing Director at J.P. Morgan & Co. In the 1980's he served in a variety of high profile financial positions in the administrations of Presidents George H. W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.
- IIEA Nominated for Eircom Spiders Award
- Stop Climate Chaos private roundtable talk on ‘the projected economic impacts of climate change on Irish Agriculture’ (co-hosted by the IIEA) discussed by Frank McDonald in The Irish Times
- Dan O’Brien Appointed as Chief Economist at the IIEA
- Parking Restrictions on North Great Georges Street
- Appointment of Tom Arnold as Director General
- Irish EU Presidency and IIEA host conference on Western Balkans
- IIEA Paper cited in The Times
- IIEA Seminar on EU-Japan Relations
- IIEA marks 50th anniversary of the Élysée Treaty
- Job: Motion Graphic Designer/Graphic and Multimedia Designer
- IIEA Brussels Branch 20th Anniversary Dinner
- Change of time – Isabella Lövin event
- IIEA Jobs: Researcher/Policy Analyst Position Available
- IIEA selected for European Parliament framework partnership
- Irish Times Covers IIEA Justice Publication