The Institute for International and European Affairs, Dublin, has been ranked the 24th most influential think tank globally working in the field of climate change. This ranking is contained in an International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG) report, which assessed the most cutting edge institutions in the field of climate change economics and policy. The ICCG’s ranking assessed more than 200 climate change think tanks based on Activities, Publications and Dissemination. >READ MORE
From the 22nd to the 29th of June, IIEA Chairman Brendan Halligan led a delegation to Bejing, accompanied by Julie O'Neill, Chair of the China Group and Eoin McDonnell, IIEA policy analyst on China. The purpose of the visit was to strengthen the existing ties and develop new links with leading Chinese officials and Chinese think tanks. >READ MORE
On June 24th and 25th, IIEA China Researcher, Eoin McDonnell, gave a presentation at a conference in Shanghai, China, which examined the role of think-tanks in China's development process. >READ MORE
Paddy Buckenham, the IIEA's Digital Future/Justice and Home Affairs researcher, participated in a study visit to the U.S. on the topic of data privacy from 9-27 June 2014. The visit, which was part of the State Department's International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), brought together eight senior officials and policy analysts from across Europe who are experts on privacy issues. >READ MORE
The IIEA is pleased to announce the appointment of Joe Curtin as a Senior Research Fellow with responsibility for climate change policy.
Joseph Curtin, IIEA Research Associate speaks on RTE's Prime Time about Climate Change
IIEA UK Researcher, James Kilcourse, has published an article on ‘Britain Outside Europe? The Irish View’ for the foreign policy journal of the German Council on Foreign Relations.
European Commission Secretary General, Catherine Day, spoke at the IIEA on 24 January 2014.
IIEA Chief Economist quoted in Italian newspaper, La Republica.
IIEA nominated for the Samsung Digital Media Awards in the Best Public Life category
- IIEA Ranked as 24th Most Influential Think Tank Globally in Field of Climate Change
- IIEA Chairman, Brendan Halligan, leads delegation to Bejing in June
- IIEA China Policy Analyst speaks at SAAS conference in Shanghai
- IIEA Researcher Participates in U.S. Data Privacy Study Trip
- IIEA Appoints Joe Curtin as Senior Research Fellow for Climate Change Policy
- IIEA on RTE's Prime Time
- IIEA article in German Council on Foreign Relations Journal
- Speech by Catherine Day to the IIEA
- IIEA in La Republica
- IIEA Nominated for Digital Media Award
- Chief Economist quoted in Le Figaro
- An Tánaiste, Eamon Gilmore T.D., addresses the IIEA
- Looking for a Christmas Gift Idea?
- Berlin Foreign Policy Forum
- IIEA Nominated for Eircom Spiders Award