Several media outlets published coverage of President Higgins’ keynote speech to the Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA). President Higgins spoke about the need for ethical growth and social cohesion to accompany fiscal adjustment across Europe, and whether growth has become an end rather than a means.
An editorial piece in the Irish Times on 17 October 2014 discussed a keynote speech by President Higgins at the Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA). In this speech advocated an economic revival across Europe which incorporates an ethical and socially cohesive approach for the Europe’s citizens.
In the Irish Times, Stephen Collins reported on President Higgins’ speech at the Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA). The article discusses President Higgins’ assertion that European integration is on a fragile path, balancing fiscal adjustment with social discontent.
President Michael D. Higgins’ address to the IIEA on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 was featured in the Irish Independent on Thursday 16 October 2014. In the address, President Higgins reminded policy makers in the EU that economic integration should be ethical, and promote social cohesion and solidarity; economic growth should promote social goods; and that a strategy for the ethical deliver of these goods should be designed.
IIEA DG Tom Arnold delivers 23rd Leonard Abrahamson Memorial Lecture on ‘Can World Hunger be ended by 2030’06 Oct 2014
Tom Arnold, Director General of the Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA) has delivered the RCSI (Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland) 23rd Leonard Abrahamson Lecture in Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda on 2 October 2014.
IIEA is pleased to associate with Institute Of Directors, India for the annual 14th London Global Convention on Corporate Governance & Sustainability.
Taoiseach Enda Kenny, Mary Robinson and IIEA Director General Tom Arnold will each speak at the Climate Summit in New York tomorrow.
Tánaiste, Joan Burton, T.D. will today launch a report on the business case for taking climate action, which was drafted by the IIEA Senior Researcher, Joe Curtin, for the Irish Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change
IIEA DG, Tom Arnold, in an op ed in today's Irish Times, calls for new thinking on Ireland's agriculture and climate policies, focused on climate-smart agriculture.
A new publication by the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) on ‘The United Kingdom and the European Union’ includes an article on the Irish view of changing UK-EU relations by IIEA researcher, James Kilcourse.
- IIEA Media Coverage - 20 Oct 2014
- IIEA in the Irish Times -17 Oct 2014
- IIEA in the Irish Times - 16 Oct 2014
- IIEA in the Irish Independent -16 Oct 2014
- IIEA DG Tom Arnold delivers 23rd Leonard Abrahamson Memorial Lecture on ‘Can World Hunger be ended by 2030’
- London Global Convention 2014
- Taoiseach Enda Kenny, Mary Robinson and Tom Arnold to speak at Climate Summit in New York
- Tánaiste launches Report on climate action
- IIEA DG Tom Arnold Irish Times OP ED: Developing Irish Leadership in Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Publication on ‘The United Kingdom and the European Union’
- IIEA DG, Tom Arnold, appointed by UN to international leadership role for nutrition
- IIEA DG speaks on policies for global food and nutrition security at international conference in San Francisco.
- Op-ed on the place of agriculture at UN climate talks by IIEA Senior Research Fellow
- IIEA Ranked as 24th Most Influential Think Tank Globally in Field of Climate Change
- IIEA Chairman, Brendan Halligan, leads delegation to Bejing in June