The Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA) has been ranked as Ireland’s leading think tank by the Global Go To Think Tank Index. The 2015 Index was launched on 27 January 2016 in the World Bank in Washington D.C.
New full-time policy analyst/researcher job now available for the following research area: Digital Future.
Dáithí O’Ceallaigh, Chair of the IIEA’s UK project group and former Irish Ambassador in London, gave evidence before the Scottish Parliament's European and External Relations Committee on Thursday, 21 January 2016. Mr. Ó’Ceallaigh gave his views on Brexit and the alternatives to EU membership.
The IIEA’s latest publication is available online now. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: European Security - Autumn 2015.
Catherine Day, outgoing Secretary General of the European Commission, was awarded the Garret FitzGerald Gold Medal for Exemplary Public Service on 10 December.
The IIEA would like to wish all our members a happy Christmas. We look forward to seeing you again in the new year as our extensive 2016 research programme begins.
The IIEA’s latest publication is available online now. Germany: Looking In, Looking Out analyses German policy responses to the internal and external issues facing Germany today.
IIEA Analysis to the COP21 Paris Agreement appeared in the media this week.
An important IIEA symposium co-hosted by the Irish Association and Queen’s University, on What Brexit means for Northern Ireland took place on Thursday 26 November 2015, in the Great Hall of Queen’s University, Belfast. The event has been featured in the Irish media, including in The Irish Times and The Irish News.
Leaders from 193 countries have gathered in New York today for a two-day summit to adopt the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a new, universal set of development goals, which provide targets and indicators that UN member states will be expected to use to frame their agendas and political policies over the next 15 years.
- Global Index ranks IIEA as Ireland's top think tank
- New Digital researcher job at the IIEA available now
- Daithi O’Ceallaigh gives evidence to Scottish Parliament
- New IIEA publication:The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- The Garret FitzGerald Gold Medal Celebratory Dinner
- Happy Christmas from the IIEA
- New IIEA publication: Germany: Looking In, Looking Out
- IIEA Analysis to the COP21 Paris Agreement
- IIEA North-South Ministerial Dialogue featured in Irish Media
- UN to adopt Sustainable Development Goals
- IIEA & ESB Energy Summit featured in Irish Media
- IIEA & European Commission TTIP seminar in the news
- IIEA Research Covered in Irish Times
- Ireland and Kenya steer negotiations on the 2030 Development Agenda to successful conclusion
- Climate-Smart Agriculture: Survey Results