The IIEA Director General, Tom Arnold, has accepted a request from the UN to coordinate the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement (SUN Movement), which brings together governments, civil society and the private sector, to improve nutrition at national and international level.
IIEA DG speaks on policies for global food and nutrition security at international conference in San Francisco.14 Aug 2014
The Director General of the IIEA, Tom Arnold, will address an international conference in San Francisco (14th August) on 'Policy considerations for food and nutrition security towards 2050'. The 13th IUPAC International Congress on Pesticide Chemistry takes place from 10-14th August and is attended by thousands of US and international scientists. Global food production and food security is an important theme of the conference. >READ MORE
Joe Curtin, Senior Research Fellow for Climate Policy at the IIEA, in an op ed for rtcc.org asks is it time for farming to be taken seriously at UN climate talks?
The Institute for International and European Affairs, Dublin, has been ranked the 24th most influential think tank globally working in the field of climate change. This ranking is contained in an International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG) report, which assessed the most cutting edge institutions in the field of climate change economics and policy. The ICCG’s ranking assessed more than 200 climate change think tanks based on Activities, Publications and Dissemination. >READ MORE
From the 22nd to the 29th of June, IIEA Chairman Brendan Halligan led a delegation to Bejing, accompanied by Julie O'Neill, Chair of the China Group and Eoin McDonnell, IIEA policy analyst on China. The purpose of the visit was to strengthen the existing ties and develop new links with leading Chinese officials and Chinese think tanks. >READ MORE
On June 24th and 25th, IIEA China Researcher, Eoin McDonnell, gave a presentation at a conference in Shanghai, China, which examined the role of think-tanks in China's development process. >READ MORE
Paddy Buckenham, the IIEA's Digital Future/Justice and Home Affairs researcher, participated in a study visit to the U.S. on the topic of data privacy from 9-27 June 2014. The visit, which was part of the State Department's International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), brought together eight senior officials and policy analysts from across Europe who are experts on privacy issues. >READ MORE
The IIEA is pleased to announce the appointment of Joe Curtin as a Senior Research Fellow with responsibility for climate change policy.
Joseph Curtin, IIEA Research Associate speaks on RTE's Prime Time about Climate Change
IIEA UK Researcher, James Kilcourse, has published an article on ‘Britain Outside Europe? The Irish View’ for the foreign policy journal of the German Council on Foreign Relations.
- IIEA DG, Tom Arnold, appointed by UN to international leadership role for nutrition
- IIEA DG speaks on policies for global food and nutrition security at international conference in San Francisco.
- Op-ed on the place of agriculture at UN climate talks by IIEA Senior Research Fellow
- IIEA Ranked as 24th Most Influential Think Tank Globally in Field of Climate Change
- IIEA Chairman, Brendan Halligan, leads delegation to Bejing in June
- IIEA China Policy Analyst speaks at SAAS conference in Shanghai
- IIEA Researcher Participates in U.S. Data Privacy Study Trip
- IIEA Appoints Joe Curtin as Senior Research Fellow for Climate Change Policy
- IIEA on RTE's Prime Time
- IIEA article in German Council on Foreign Relations Journal
- Speech by Catherine Day to the IIEA
- IIEA in La Republica
- IIEA Nominated for Digital Media Award
- Chief Economist quoted in Le Figaro
- An Tánaiste, Eamon Gilmore T.D., addresses the IIEA